- Knightsbridge, London
- Bennett Construction
- Award Date
- June 2018
- Completion Date
- January 2019
Cheval Moreau was located opposite Harrods on the busy Brompton Road in Knightsbridge London. The building was a former 5 storey office block that was being converted in luxury apartments.
Our experienced team worked closely with the client during the pre-construction phase and highlighted constraints involved with the desired demolition methodology, due to the access constraints of a pedestrian footpath, live shops and a main red route.
A large gantry frame was designed spanning over the footpath by 8m to allow waiting loads in the adjacent loading bay.
The scope of works was extensive, detailing a full soft strip operation, temporary works installations, Basement & Roof plant removal and Hand/Robotic Demolition.
The main challenges we faced on this project was the access/egress and the two live shops on the ground floor level. The project required a lot of structural alterations so we needed a lot of water for suppression. To prevent water ingress to the shops we installed a waterproof membrane to the 1st floor level with a ply top to prevent puncturing the membrane. With good planning and constant communication the project was a success and completed on time and within budget.
Scope of Works at Cheval Moreau
- Degassing of A/C units
- Waterproof membrane to the 1st floor to prevent water ingress to the live Waitrose and Sainsburys at Ground Floor
- Soft Strip back to shell and core
- Screed Removal to Toilet areas
- Structural alterations
- 2no Lift and running gear removal
- Structural bird cage to stairs and stair core removal
- Temporary works to enable structural column removal
- Removal of Plant room and top floor using 2no Brokk machines
- Roof plant removal
- Basement plant removal